Dr Holms is located at Geilo (about 3,5 hours from Oslo Airport).
During the AHM we will make room for our participants to do something social together at their own initiative. Dr Holms is close to both cross-country and downhill opportunities. There is also a spa which is available for our participants to use. Bring your favourite swimming trunks or ski equipment for use of amenities out of scheduled hours.
Transport and accommodation
- NeIC will arrange accommodation, meals and transport between Oslo airport at Gardermoen and Geilo for NeIC-contracted personnel and invited speakers.
- Please make your own travel arrangements to/from Gardermoen.
- Please let us know when you register if you would like to make all your travel/accommodation arrangements yourself (for example if you plan to take the train to Geilo).
How to get there
NeIC will arrange shuttle busses between Oslo airport and Dr Holms for the people who choose to go by bus.
- First shuttle leaves Oslo airport Monday, Jan 27, 11:00 (arrives at Dr Holms approximately 14:30).
- Last shuttle leaves Oslo airport Monday, Jan 27, 14:00 (arrives at Dr Holms approximately 17:30).
- We meet no later than 10 minutes before departure at the Hittegods (Lost and Found) section in the airport arrival hall. Please see map of the arrival hall here: Arrival-hall map.
The bus-ride takes about 3.5 hours.
If you are based in Oslo or Bergen, the fastest way to get to Geilo is to book your own train tickets at www.vy.no. From Oslo S there is a train leaving 12:03 which arrives at Geilo 15:36. Or if you would like to take advantage of the skiing opportunities before AHM starts you can also choose the earlier train at 08:25 which arrives at 11:52. Dr Holms is a 5 minute walk from the trainstation.
How to get back
Shuttles leave Dr Holms on Thursday, Jan 30 at:
- 12:20 (arriving at Oslo airport approximately 15:50/ 16:20)
- 13:00 (arriving at Oslo airport approximately 16:30/ 17:00)
In case of unforeseen circumstances with the traffic etc. we recommend that you don't plan a tight schedule at the airport. Please register for the 12.20 bus if it seems tight to get there in time with the 13.00 bus.
The intended participants of the AHM are personnel contracted on NeIC activities/ projects and key personnel in the EOSC-Nordic project. If you are engaged in EOSC-Nordic and not sure whether you should participate, please contact your team leader.
Interested members of project steering groups or reference group and stakeholder fora who want to participate in the discussions, socialize with NeIC and see what work in NeIC is like on the inside are warmly welcome to join the AHM. However, co-locating official meetings in such groups to this event is strongly discouraged, in order not to distract staff away from the prioritized content.
The focus of the all hands meeting should be on spending social time together with your teammates and therefore we do in general not recommend to bring your family during the meeting. If you want to explore the location with your family you’re welcome to do so, but preferably before or after the AHM. NeIC, however, will not arrange any travel or accommodation for that.
NeIC Slack channels for the all-hands meeting
#ahm for practical and general information
#ahm-social for more informal sharing, e.g photographs and such.
Staff on NeIC contracts will be reimbursed for travel expenses incurred. Expenses should be claimed through the staff’s local institution. The local institution will add these expenses to its quarterly invoices to NeIC.